A field is a pre-defined collection of data types that allows users to enter different types of information. Everything done on this website is related to fields, and all content created is nothing more than a group of fields, each one designed for a specific data type.
Some of the different data types are:
- Text: Short text, such as a name, address, topic, etc. (limited to 255 characters).
- Long text: Long text, such as a biography.
- Long text and summary: Same as long text but with an additional summary text.
- Boolean: Has one of two values. (yes/no , true/false , small/large, etc.).
- Integer: A whole number, such as a year or value (e.g. 2012, 2017, or 1, 2, 3, 1000). An integer does not allow decimals.
- Decimal: A number that allows decimal values. Often used for price or cost (such as $199.99).
- Float: A number that can use decimals to precision, such as 0.0123456789.